Friday, May 14, 2010

Judgmental

I am just going to come right out and say that I'm highly judgmental. I usually soften this up when I say it by claiming to have high standards. For everything. I expect people to think before they speak, use the English language in an admirable way, and not be offensive people in general. I judge people who abuse any sort of substance. I judge people who spiral themselves into self-destruction. I judge people who don't read enough. I judge people who drive Hummers.

I have a list of characters from tv shows whom I loathe. There are plenty of characters on every show whom I shun for making horrible decisions at one point or another (Xander Harris from BtVS comes to mind), but there are just a handful whom I truly loathe throughout an entire series. The most standout of such characters is Jack Shephard of Lost. I know there are still fans of Jack out there, now up until this very end of the show, fans who want him to get the girl and the gig and be the hero of the world. On the other hand, there are others, like me, who would let him fall off a cliff into the ocean he so loves to stare at in such a mopey way. On the other hand, I'm also sort of anti-Jacob, so I would let Jack take his place and be forced to stay on the island for all of eternity. While the gorgeous and amazing Sawyer gets to live the full life he's been denied while on the island.
I loathe Jack because he is mopey, he reacts instead of thinking things through, he insists he is a man of science when he is so clearly not purely a man of science or a man of faith, his medical skills seem laughable at times, and although he was attractive in early seasons, I have to say he has not aged well (I know that's a dig on Matthew Fox and not Jack, but whatever). Jack is mopey about being a leader but also about people not listening to his leadership. Jack bosses Kate around and mopes when she would rather hang out with Sawyer. Jack sucks.
That's me being judgmental.

-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment